Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vulcan2000

craftsman radial saw model 113.29350

vulcan2000
14 years ago

looking for a motor for said saw or someone who can fix or repair said motor thank

Comments (9)

• hendricus
    14 years ago

Check the yellow pages.

The best ones we used were in business forever and the only website they had was in the corner complete with spider.

• lbpod
    14 years ago

A while ago, my Crapsman Radial Arm Saw would not spin
    the blade, but only hum. I took the motor apart and found
    that the contacts for the centrifugal swith had corroded.
    I cleaned them up and that did the trick.

• randy427
    14 years ago

Ditto for cleaning the centrifugal switch contacts. Not a difficult task, I removed the motor, took off the casing, pried the contacts apart, smoothed the contact surfaces with a nail file and put it back together. It's been working for another 25+ years. The contacts were slightly welded together by arcing, probably from being run in a particularly dirty atmosphere (metal and wood fumes)

• joem_2010
    13 years ago

I'm reading these posts about cleaning the centrifugal switch on Craftsman radial arm saw. I wonder if they are talking about this same saw model. I had a similar problem on my saw - motor just hums, turns slowly, blows breakers - but when I got the motor apart I couldn't find any centrifugal switch. How to do this? The only readily accessible parts on this motor are capacitor, start relay and thermal cutoff switch. Inside motor housing there does not appear to be any switch. Inside the motor housing I found only windings, bearings, shaft, etc -- no switch. Help?

• lbpod
    13 years ago

There are two windings in the motor. Once it is up to a certain number of RPMs the centrifical swith takes the capacitor out of the circuit and switches to the run windings and the motor comes up to speed. It's been a few years, but after I took the end of the motor off I saw the problem. The centrifical switch is surrounding the armature and has two contacts on it.
    I used some fine sandpaper and cleaned them up and the
    machine has worked fine since.

One way to check if this is your problem is to manually give your blade a spin while it is 'humming', (be CAREFULL here, and wear gloves), if it takes off, then that is your problem.

• brickeyee
    13 years ago

"One way to check if this is your problem is to manually give your blade a spin while it is 'humming', (be CAREFULL here, and wear gloves), if it takes off, then that is your problem."

The glove actually makes it MORE dangerous.

• lbpod
    13 years ago

Dear Lord, forgive me, what was I thinking?
    Please accept my sincerest of appologies.

• jholmes
    13 years ago

Greetings. first- time user. have similar Radial Arm saw Cftsmn 11329320.
    Same prob. Tried diff cap. Nothing. No voltage across cap wires (cap removed). Likely start relay. Crapsman states part #63064 "not available". Does anyone know if this model has centrif. Sw. b/f I autopsy the motor? Anyone able to suggest a later model Start Relay for 110v, 9.5 amps? (site & part # that will fit mtr. junction box? I've run out of places to look ! Thanks folks for helping out. regards.

• farmerbill1952
    10 years ago

I have a sears craftsman radial saw and the motor hums and flips breaker in house. I have been reading on the forums and it could be the centrifugal switch on the end cap area. however, would anyone know the procedure how to remove the blower in order to get to the switch.