Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 1/2 Garage Opening continually loosing programming

Posted by albany_moof (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 25, 11 at 20:21

I have a 3 year old Craftsman 1/2HP door opener. After replacing the battery in one remote, I have continually had issues with it not opening the door after reprogramming. I have reset the entire system and re-programmed only a single remote, and that one will lose its program after 5-6 uses. I will clear the system and program for the second remote and it will stop working after 5-6 uses again. I am quite sure my remotes are not the issue since I can make this happen with each individual remote including the keypad outside. Which part on the unit itself would have gone bad? Is it possibly covered under any warranty? Lastly, is it horrible to get inside the unit to replace what parts might need to be replaced?

Thanks much for any help that can be offered. I have read so many posts from others and it seems that others have been able to troubleshoot to a bad remote. It really seems after following all of the advice here, I have good remotes with a bad unit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman 1/2 Garage Opening continually loosing programming

The receiver portion of your logic board is failing. The logic board is on the end of the motor unit where all those white wires go and the part number is printed on it. It starts with 41A.

o
RE: Craftsman 1/2 Garage Opening continually loosing programming

Having a hard time locating an easy online manual for my craftsman garage door opener. I need to re-learn the opening and closing of the door. I can open the door with a black button on the back of the motor unit and close with a purple button. However, I have not been able to teach it to close or open correctly. It only will open up 1/4 of the way with a remote.

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here