Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best/good cement patch for basement floor?

Posted by jerry_nj (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 14, 09 at 17:43

Looking at Home Depot I see in the ready mix bags:

5000 High Strength
Crack Resistant
Concrete Mix Regular
Mason Mix
Mortar Mix

and more, I also read somewhere to look for acrylic, vinyl or gypsum for best adhesion.

Looking for advice on the best ready mix available at Home Depot or Lowes or local hardware stores.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best/good cement patch for basement floor?

Jerry, you should more completely describe the repair you need to make so people can make recommendations.

Mason and Mortar mixes are typically used to "stick" things together, like block and brick. Or used to repair such joints.

o

To fill in a hole from moving pipes etc then regular concrete. Mortar or masonary is not for floors. It is for brick laying.

If you are trying to patch a bad surface of a floor then none of those are for that job.

o

Thanks, I want to fill a gap between a floating slab that is in very good shape and the cement block wall that is also in very good shape. There are no water problems, but my Radon is a bit high. I figure filling the gap will reduce the inflow of Radon, I need to get the count down only a couple of points.

Again, there is no water problem. The walls have a modern footing and "French Drain" with a gravity feed "sump" line (comes out down the hill below the footing level).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here