Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reprogram Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener

Posted by spiritualwolf78 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 6, 09 at 15:48

I just moved into this house that has two garage door openers for the two doors, obviously... Anyways, one is dip switches which I was able to program without a problem, but the other is just the program button, you press that then the remote you want to use. The problem is that the neighbor must be on the same code, because when they come home and open their garage door, mine opens as well and then they use the button by the door so mine stays open!! I tried to just hit the button and reprogram the one remote, but to test that it's on a different "channel" I tried to open it with an older remote that I didn't reprogram and it still opened the door. Is there anyway to switch this up so that the neighbors opener remote doesn't open mine? It looks to be an older model and the part number on the back of it is 41A3625. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reprogram Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener

Press and hold that learn button on the motor unit, for about 15 seconds.
That wipes out any and all remotes that are trained to that motor unit. (including your neighbours)
Try your remote, you'll find it doesn't work.
Press the learn button on the motor and let it go. Immediately pick up your remote and press the button on it.
The light bulbs on the motor unit will flash at you, and your done.
Try your remote, it should work.
And your neighbours won't.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here