Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another garage door opener problem.

Posted by pwpapineau (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 11, 08 at 13:08

I'm having difficulty finding my problem in the previous posts because they discuss so many different types of problems. Here's mine.

I have a Craftsman garage door opener 3/4 hp.
All remotes stopped working at the same time, but the wired manual wall switch works fine. The safety sensors show a green light and an orange light. If I obstruct the sensors, the green light goes out and the door will not close with the wall switch.
The proper lights go on an off in sequence when programing the either remote. When I press the remote, the programing light (on the card) blinks weakly for as long as I hold down the button.
I replaced the controller card, but have the same symptoms.
I'm clueless.
Any ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another garage door opener problem.

I sent you an e-mail.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here