Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door Sensors

Posted by Reg1987 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 9, 05 at 11:58

My Craftsman garage door opener reverses and flashes the light.

The sending sensor is bright green. The receiving sensor is also green. The receiver appears to have a slight flicker, but mostly solid.

However, the receiver does not go dark if I block the light from the sender. It stays green.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ron

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door Sensors

Was the door working fine, and now its acting as described in your post? What model? how old?

Does the door close all the way if you hold the wall button?

Does the light flash 10x?

o

Door has been working fine for several years (Probably 5-10).

It is a Sears Model 139.5353SRT 1/2 HP Craftsman.

Door closes fine if you hold down the wall button.

If you use the remote or just punch the wall button, the door just begins to start and then reverses and flashes 10x.

o

This happened to my Genie - did you happen to check the wiring going into the sensor? My connection became loose and I couldn't get the door to stay down....

o

If the light on the receiving sensor is staying lit when you place something in front of it you have either a bad sensor, a bad logic board or the sensors are miswired. Do you get a flashing code from the LED near where all those white wires go?

o

Just went out to check on the LED light, and it all worked fine. The only thing that has changed since this morning is that it is warmer outside.

However, the receiver LED still does not shut off when you put your hand in front of the sensor.

o

My garage door won't close automatically when there is bright sun.
Door faces south so this is a problem mid morning to late afternoon. When it is dark out the auto closer works fine. I have tried blocking the sun from the snesors. This does work but it is not the solution. any suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here