Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hittlets

Sonic/Laser Measuring Tools

hittlets
14 years ago

I am interested in getting a sonic or laser measuring tool. I wanted to ask Santa for one for Christmas. I have been looking at all the different models, and obviously been getting conflicting reviews. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has used one or has one to recommend.

I am looking for something that will allow me to take simple measurements without having to fight with the tape measure. I would be using this inside to measure distances within rooms, and even outside to measure places in the yard. It doesn't have to be highly accurate (maybe 1/4" to 1/2" or so), but it should work. I am also not looking for fancy features like calculating square footage or anything, I can do that myself. I am also looking for something in the range of $50 or less if possible. I just need a good tool that will help me take the measurements.

I searched GW sites for similar discussions but didn't find anything. If there are already answers to my questions and you can point me to the right source, I will be happy to look there.

Thanks for your help,

Tim

Comments (7)