Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage Door Opener Remotes

Posted by fam123 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 31, 08 at 11:12

I have a Craftsman opener 139.53975SRT1. Recently the garage door started opening at all different times. I suspected that someone nearby had a smilar opener and the rolling code just happened to match. I cleared all codes and reprogrammed the remotes and the keypad. The control console and the keypad will open AND close the door, but the 2 remotes will only OPEN. They will not close the door. The opener does not flash or even attempt to close from the remotes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Opener Remotes

Very strange. The only thing I can think of is maybe the lock button has been pressed on your wall control. If the small light is flashing and you have the wall control with 3 buttons hold the lock button in for 3 seconds. The flashing should stop and your remotes should work. I can think of no reason why the remotes would open your door but not close it. I think you ought to try this once again.

o
More

One other thing I forgot to mention is your wall control could be bad. This could be the cause of your original problem which you thought were your neighbors. Also check the wiring from the wall control to the motor unit for staples cutting into the insulation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here