Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pacpa

window/wall leak

pacpa
14 years ago

I have a 150 year old house that is 3 stories. Last night we had a heavy rainstorm. This morning I see that I have 2 problems with water leaks. The window on the 2nd floor leaked at the top of the casing between the storm window and the sash. And then, directly below it on the first floor is a french door that also leaked at the top between the storm door and the french door. The window is probably 30 years old but the french door is 4 years old. The outside of the house is stucco. From staring at the outside from the ground, I do not see any major cracks. The roof over this part of the house is a flat roof that does have a slight pitch. There is a gutter than runs perpendicular to the wall with the window/door. I do know the gutter is clogged and am having someone come clean them today. It appears to me that the water is leaking in the wall somehow. but how? from a clogged gutter? The roof is 4 years old and i had basic maintenance done on it last year. Also, I just bought the house 12 months ago and it got a leak free stamp of approval by the home inspector. any ideas? who should i call to help figure this out?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County