Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Craftsman 1/2 hp won't close

Posted by poptoppt (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 24, 08 at 9:33

OK well I've read all the posts and no answer so I think I have a new ? Door only goes down holding hardwired buttons, which would suggest that the sensors are out. So we went there and only the one on the left side is green. Checked the wires on the right side and they seem to be intact. Had to disconnet wires and press to screws in order to get next scenario. If I hold the wires sometimes I can get the light to come on. Tried moving the wires to a different screw and then it blinked rapidly so I knew that was wrong. Anywho do I replace the wire and the unit or is there a different problem? Alignment as far as I can tell is ok. Model number is 139.534915RT Year 9/96

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Craftsman 1/2 hp won't close

It is important to know that one of the lights will always be on and the other light will turn on only if the sensors are pointed at one another. I'm wondering if your moving the wires has not moved the sensor enough to be aligned momentarily. I would put the wires back where they belong and tweak the sensors to align them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here