Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
m65oli

crftsman remote door openers

m65oli
15 years ago

Hello everyone,

My name is Mike and I'm a "frustrated craftsman garage door opener owner" I've been one only since August, when we bought this house, but recognized early on that I was not alone and needed help before I drove my car through the door out of anger. My old opener at the other house was a ....oh which one was it?....let me think..ahhhh one that worked!

Ok, seriously though, I , like everyone else have a 1/2hp opener. The remotes worked fine a few moths ago. The opener in my truck was the first to show problems and now my wifes is problematic as well. The problem is that you have to be right up to the garage door, take the opener off the visor, roll down your window, point it at the door, sometimes point the remote several different directions and then the door will open. other times it works ok from 20-40ft away. The remotes used to open from the top of the driveway(which is at least 3 times longer than most average driveways) or even out on the road. I did replace both batteries but nothing changed.

Was that long winded enough for everyone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if not I have a Craftsman 1/2hp door opener for sale.

Thanks

Mike

Comment (1)