Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
storm door

Posted by rabbit8 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 3, 09 at 23:30

I want to know if you can place a storm door where there is no outside shed to protect it or is that important. An example, I have a storm door for the front entrance because the porch has a shed over it to protect the porch. I hope you can understand what I am trying to say. Please help. Thanks for your time and advice in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: storm door

Yes you can and in my opinion you should. I have rentals with your situation and the storm doors have added years to the primary door and structure since they provide a lot of protection from wind driven rain and protection against buildup of snow and snow melt.

o
RE: storm door

The downside in the warmer months, if it is on the side of the house that gets sun and doesn't have a removal frame to convert to a screen door, is that the heat build up between the storm door and the entry door can get real intense and do harm to your entry door dependent on what type it is. It, at the least, is hard on the finish, especially when it's a sealed wood entry door.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here