Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage door opener light won't go out !!!

Posted by iowatree (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 12, 08 at 21:47

Hi, I have a Craftsman model # 41A3066 garage door opener that the light will not go out. Does anyone know how to fix this? thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage door opener light won't go out !!!

This is caused by a bad logic board. The logic board is the number you gave as the model number. The model number should be found on the opposite end of the opener. But anyway this is a pretty expensive repair and I think by that part number you have an old opener. Might start thinking about a new one but in the meantime you can remove the bulb.

o

You probably checked this..but on the wall controller there is a button that if pushed on will keep the light on constantly.

o

if you decide it is the logic board, I can tell you where NOT to buy a replacement: Ontario Supply. Found them on-line and the service was great, but the board they sent turned out to be defective and after I sent it back, they refused to refund the purchase price. My advice is just to call a repair service.

o

I am having trouble with my overhead lights. The lights that usually come on when the garage is opened started coming on automatically last night staying on several minutes before going out (this happened several times). Several hours later (1:10 a.m.) it started again. I finally took the bulbs out. Any suggestions?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here