Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adam211_gw

Difficulty with e-z anchor, now have large hole in wall

adam211
13 years ago

Greetings all,

I live in a small apartment and am trying to hang a few things up (specifically, shelves and a small jewelery cabinet).

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about this sort of thing, but being told that screws in walls are generally insufficient for this sort of thing I attempted to screw in some plastic ez-anchors.

I didn't drill a pilot hole and it went in well, but it never really tapped into the wall and the threads just created a large hole rather than actually ever tapping in. Now even if I apply a large force with a hang screwdriver I can't get it to finish going in and it never sits flush with the wall. That is, it went in a little ways, created a large hole, and won't finish going in. It's like it hit a hard spot in the wall and the threads just turned around and around in one spot creating a nice sized hole.

If it's helpful a closet is on the other side of this wall--it's an inside wall.

I guess I can probably figure out how to just stick some spackle in and cover it up, but I still want to hang up my items! Do I have the wrong wall materials for these?

Here are some pictures if it helps:

Thanks!

Adam

Comments (2)