Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
craftsman garage door opener

Posted by pawlisz (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 26, 09 at 18:30

I have 1/2 hp garage door opener installed by Sears in 2005
From day one the doors start to open with a bounce and then go to normal. What causes the bounce?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: craftsman garage door opener

It sounds like your door is properly balanced. Release it from the opener and raise and lower it by hand. It should not be heavy and it should move smoothly. Raise it around waist high and release it. It should stay there if it is properly balanced.

o

I have craftsman garage door opener model 139.53627srt that when I hit the wall button all the lights come on but the motor does nothing. What would be the problem and how do I check it? It was man. 08/94

o

Door worked fine till the fiber gears stripped. Bought a kit and replaced both gears which I've done several times before without a problem. When it was all back together and I actuated the opener and it moved slightly then the light flashed and the clicking sounded 10 times indicating the sensors were bad. Checked the sensor lights and both were out. During the repair I did nothing to the sensor wiring except disconnect and reconnect it. Can't believe both sensors went bad in the couple hours it took to put in the gear kit. Would appreciate any thoughts on this situation and methods for checking the sensors. Thanks

o

See your other post.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here