Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help in rehanging inside door

Posted by gigghee (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 2, 09 at 17:32

while painting three doors were removed and not marked as to where they were to return to. I was able to figure out one as it had a handle with a lock. One other worked okay on guest closet and when putting up the last one in the bath room closet, after hanging it I tried to close the door and it started to pull the wood from the frame. I've lived with this for over 7 years and really need to get it fixed and move on. I know that there is someone here that can help me as there always has been in the past. Thank you for taking the time to read this and any help will be greatly appreciated,
Gig Ghee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help in rehanging inside door

If you were able to re-mount the door, it was probably the right one as hinges usually have slight placement variations and it can be hard to get the hinges back together when you don't have the right door. Assuming this is the right door for the jamb, when exactly does this problem occur? When it starts to close? When it is almost closed? What? Could you have damaged the jamb or a hinge mounted on the jamb when re-hanging the door by torquing one of the hinges when you only had one hinge pin in? Have you closely examined the door and jamb clearances to see if there is some small projection that is interfering with the closing?

Please provide more detail and a picture if possible.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here