Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Compressor maybe or evaporator coils

Posted by janicedallas (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 16:13

Can anyone please tell me what they think this is coming from? It is behind the interior back panel of my Samsung.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Compressor maybe or evaporator coils

Since you mention compressor and evaporator coils, I take this to be a refrigerator (rather than a PC, TV, cell phone, etc)
It appears to be minor pitting corrosion which I would clean, prime and paint.

o

A domestic refrigerator compressor is hermetically sealed inside a steel enclosure and it is physically impossible for anything to leak out.

o
RE: refrigerator 3 yr old SAMSUNGCompressor maybe or evaporator c

Samsung 3 year old refrigerator Can you tell me what you think it is coming from? Does anyone think it could cause damage later on. Cosmetics I don't care because I can't see it

o

I'm uploading one more photo just in case it is more recognizable

o

Condensation from the freon lines is normally channeled to a plastic drip pan where it evaporates, with the help of the heat given off by the compressor motor. If that channeling is disrupted (by that metal tape?) the condensation may end up on the floor or where it will cause metal to rust.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here