Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
N95 respirator adequate when sanding after Easysand?

Posted by la_koala (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 20, 08 at 14:58

Hi,

I'm getting all my "ducks in a row" to repair some holes in a plaster wall. I've decided to use Easysand, based on the great information I've read on the forums here.

When/If I sand after the repair, is something like the 3M 8210 N95 respirator adequate protection? This is a "bra cup" looking thing.

The back of the Easysand package says something about using a NIOSH N95 class respirator to avoid lung disease, so I want to make sure that I am prepared. :-)

(No lead paint, etc involved in the wall.)

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: N95 respirator adequate when sanding after Easysand?

Should be, but the more expensive disposables with an exhale valve are a lot easier to work in for any length of time.

The plain masks tend to dampen with moisture from your exhaling and that raises the humidity of the air you then breath in.

You do know the material really was developed by 3M for forming bra cups, but they could not find a market for them.

o

"You do know the material really was developed by 3M for forming bra cups, but they could not find a market for them. "

Seriously?
I can see if 3M married it with their Post-It Note type of adhesive, they might be able to sell some type of "Hide Your Money" item through the Magellan's catalog. :-)

Thanks for the tip about the exhale valve ones. I happen to have a few of the 3M N95 plain ones already, so I can start out using those and not have to make a special trip to the store.

Thanks brickeyee, you're the best!

o

Moldex makes a good one. If you want more protection get the N100.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moldex N95

o

There is wet sanding.

Then, of course, there is a learning curve.

And little or no need for a respirator, at all.

o

"There is wet sanding."

Does not work with setting type joint compounds.
Once they set they do not dissolve again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here