Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1/2 HP Craftsman Garage Opener Room Lights Fail

Posted by ddkravitt (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 17, 09 at 13:06

My model 139.53985D garage door opener is 3 years old and out of warranty. For more than a year the room light on the swicth has has worked intermittently, burned through many light bulbs and now doesn't cvome on at all. It was OK as the other light was suffcient. Now the other light comes on intermittently so we find ourselves stumbling in the dark. Any idea what the problem is and whether a weekend warrior like myself can repair it? If I have to have a Sears repairman out, it will cost as much as the original unit for parts and labor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1/2 HP Craftsman Garage Opener Room Lights Fail

Try this: Unplug the unit and using a small screwdriver pull out on the center contact of the light socket.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here