Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
blown in insulation into a finished ceiling

Posted by mongoss (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 19, 09 at 12:57

This weekend (hopefully) I want to blow in the insulation into the finished garage ceiling. Reason being the living space above is cool/hot according to the season

My ? to this is:

Should I make the holes for the tubing/insulation at one end of the ceiling???

....or....

Would it be a better idea to make the holes in the middle of the ceiling and fill the ceiling from both sides?????

....or....

Make holes on either end of the ceiling and go from both ends starting at the center and working my way back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: blown in insulation into a finished ceiling

mongoss,
Congratulations on insulating the garage ceiling. It will certainly warm up the living space above.
We blow in celulose with entry holes about 3' from each end of the ceiling according to joist spacing - usually every 16".
As long as your garage is typcial in depth for one car's lenght, two holes is usually a better job.
Remember to wear a face mask, gloves and goggles.
Good luck.

The Porch Guy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here