Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moisture barrier installation question for replacement siding

Posted by kooshball (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 19, 09 at 7:35

I will be replacing my ABTCO siding soon on one wall of my home with Hardi or Nichiha cement board. I plan to strip off any trim boards that are rotting and replace them as needed but by doing this the good ones will remain and will not get the moisture barrier under them; is this ok? Do I need to strip all trim and corner boards so that I can wrap the home with a continuous layer of moisture barrier?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moisture barrier installation question for replacement siding

What kind of windows and trim? What kind of underlayment is there now?

o

Current situation is as follows:
1x4 wood corner boards
1x?? wood trim that follows the roof pitch
wood windows today but this wall is getting all new fiberglass integrity windows when I replace the siding
GP sheathing; no moisture barrier

o

If you replace the windows you will have to replace the trim and can add an air/weather barrier so I don't understand the problem.

o

I was referring to the non-window trim like corner boards and the trim under the roof line.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here