Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i have a liftmaster 102-1499A 06/2006

Posted by weepus (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 22, 09 at 1:17

it has worked great until yesterday when it went up, but refused to come down.
now all it does is attempt to move, (1/4 inch in either direction), stops, hums, then blinks about 5 times.
I have disconnected the chain, removed the body and examined the gears.. all looks just fine. No odor, no heat on the motor.. nothing.. did the motor just die?
if so, is there a way to find out if there is a different warranty on the motor then on parts and service?
we had ours professionally installed, if it matters.

thanks in advance.
Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i have a liftmaster 102-1499A 06/2006

Is that a garage door opener? Go to the Garage/workshop forum & a couple of professional repairmen will help you out!! Door problems is mostly all that is on the forum!

o
RE: i have a liftmaster 102-1499A 06/2006

Make sure your door sensors are pointed at one another. They each have a small light that should be lit when they are properly aligned. If you cannot get both lights to come on your sensor have failed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here