Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roof replacement advice

Posted by DDH_123 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 23:40

To quickly summarize my situation a "contractor" was hired to re-roof my house. He hired a roofing company to do the job and once the job was completed my husband could see from the ground that it was out of square. He went on the roof and measured several places. At one point he measured and it is 6 inches off. We contacted the contractor and he brought the roofer back out to see the problem. They are now trying to say the problem is "fixable" by reshingling 8 runs from the top. Please help!! Will removing only 8 runs on a 32 square foot home really fix the problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roof replacement advice

Your roof may be out of square. Has your husband checked that? To do so, measure from the bottom right corner to the top left and from the bottom left to the top right. The measurements should be the same. The distance they are off is how far out of square your roof is. If so, your shingles will have to disguise it. Replacing the last 8 rows may do the trick.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here