Houzz Logo Print
tyagi13

Storm door replacement parts

tyagi13
18 years ago

We have double storm doors which were installed by The

Pacesetter Corporation. The door handle and bracket that

holds the stationary door in place are both broken. The

local office in Sacramento, Ca. and their website are gone.

I've checked all the hardware stores and these parts are

very different from everyone else's. I even tried to find the Wartian Lock Co in St. Clair shores, Michigan which

manufactered the parts with no luck. Any suggestions

about what I should do? Need to get it fixed before the

north winds start. Thanks!

Comments (11)

• ericwi
    18 years ago

If you need to buy sheet aluminum, hinges, latches, and rivets, try Aircraft Spruce. Yeah, I know, it sounds like they only sell wood, but they have other stuff. You might be able to come up with a simple fix. They have a web-site.

• sdello
    18 years ago

Look in the yellow pages for a local storm door/window installer. Alot of times they retain older products from renovations and may have what you need in the scrap/miscellaneous parts bin.

• Don_
    18 years ago

Try this site. They just may be able to help you.

http://wespaccorp.com/Manufact-nf.htm

• Michael_H
    18 years ago

Pacesetter...hmmmmmmmm..rings a bell.

Michael

Here is a link that might be useful: bad news

• gtosuper88
    18 years ago

Found Wartian Lock Co in Saint Clair Shores MI
    20525 E 9 Mile Rd
    Saint Clair Shores, MI 48080
    Shop in MIchigan that sell thier parts is george trap company in redford MI also dellet doors sell them

(586) 777-2244

• bici
    18 years ago

We bought a Cole-Sewell storm door at a going-out-of-business sale at our local hardware store. The store is now gone. When we opened the box, one of the sliding glass window inserts is missing. (It's the self-storing kind.)

Cole-Sewell was bought by Pella a few years ago, and their product line doesn't show a similar door. We wrote to their customer service but didn't get an answer.

EBay doesn't have any replacement windows, and I'm stumped. Any suggestions? It will be a cold winter if we can't find the second piece of glass to cover the open window!

• javent
    16 years ago

I have an old apartment building which I placed mill finished aluminum storm windows and doors. The tenents damage the window screen frames and doors quite often. I purchased the doors and windows from lowes around 1986 or 1987. The screen frames you get in lowes now are thicker and won't go into the frame. Also A sturdy heavy white storm door was given to me but is missing the sliding glass inserts. Don't know what brand the door is.Am I up the creek with doors and windows???

• javent
    16 years ago

Bici,
    Cole Sewell has a web site , and appears to still be in business, They are in ST. Paul MN.

• surveysmeister_gmail_com
    13 years ago

I realize this post is old but for anyone interested I ordered a latch from Wartian by calling them. They have a one page website, email not working. Sure they are another victim of not being able to compete against cheap parts from China.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wartian Lock

• bondrey102
    13 years ago

Add this one to the mix.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swisco Door

• JCCLIC1988_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Need replacement door latch for pacesetter older than 10 years