Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Freshen Surface of Acrylic Shower Liner?

Posted by Dragonfly99 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 27, 11 at 21:00

Hi--I think our shower liner (one unit) is acrylic, otherwise it is fiberglass. I have scrubbed the floor surface enough to where I think I've scuffed it and it now permanently looks dirty. There are dark spots I can't remove and I think it is because I've removed some of the glossy surface. Is there any way to repair the surface? There are no cracks or anything, just superficial scuffs. We will be selling the house soon but don't want to pay for a whole new shower when this one is fine, just dirty-looking. We've been to the big-box stores looking for some kind of sealent repair kits but haven't found anything.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Freshen Surface of Acrylic Shower Liner?

Appliance paint. Several thin coats. The box stores carry it.
Rough the whole surface, the enclosure. This stuff is much more durable than regular spray paint and if applied correctly looks like glass. Allow at least a foot and stop at the end, don't hold the nozzle down and continue. Reach the end , stop and start at the next pass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here