Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plaster wall bubbling

Posted by Burnsie2 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 25, 11 at 18:52

We are in the midst of a major addition to an existing older home. We are noticing that on a few of the exterior walls of the existing house, they are covered with bubbles under the paint. I assume this is due to moisture being trapped by the old plaster (There was some rain right after we ripped off all the eaves). The builder doesn't seem too worried about it, but I'm not sure. It may be the thinking that "once the moisture is gone the bubbles will get sucked back in," I'm not buying, since it's not happening! I'm afraid I'm looking at replastering a bunch of walls that I had no intention of touching at this point. I'd love some feedback.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plaster wall bubbling

"There was some rain right after we ripped off all the eaves"

Water and plaster are a BAD combination.

I hope the GC has insurance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here