Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwannouncements

GardenWeb needs your feedback!

gwannouncements
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we've been sprucing up the site a bit. Among other things, we've added new ways to upload photos and email notifications of post replies. We are still cleaning out cobwebs and weeding some areas of the site, but we are also working on some bigger projects like a better search engine (yay!) and a mobile app. We'd also like to get some feedback from you. What enhancements or additions would you like to see? What do you love? What do you hate? Think big and small!

We can't promise the moon, but please know that we will read and consider every one of your ideas and suggestions. We appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our site and we know how important your community is to you. Help us make it even better!

Please use this post to offer your feedback. But, as always, you are welcome to contact me directly by clicking on my profile page.

Best regards,

Tamara Amey

GardenWeb Community Manager

Comments (4)

• kudzu9
    11 years ago

Tamara-
    I've been posting on GW for almost 10 years, and I think this is a wonderful community. I've gotten lots of valuable help over the years, and hope I've helped a few folks too. Based on my experience from making over a thousand posts, the one feature that the forums are lacking that I would really value is the ability to go back and edit a post. Sometimes, after I've responded, I re-read my post and realize I was unclear about something, or misinterpreted something someone else said, or simply see that I misspelled a word or left something out. I try my best to be respectful, so I'm not talking about regretting some half-baked words, but mistakes do occur, and it would be great to have the capability to go back in and fix them rather than debating whether to re-post with some clarification. Thanks.

• bus_driver
    11 years ago

A counter showing the number who have viewed a topic would be helpful. Some topics are more interesting and some people may avoid reading with certain others have posted. But the ability to edit would be more important.

• energy_rater_la
    11 years ago

other sites have a feature where if you put the cursor
    on the thread title, the first few lines of the thread
    are visible. this helps in that you can quickly see
    if the thread is something you want to post to.

x2 on the edit feature.

in posts with name brands, the name shows up in green
    text, and pop up ads pop up periodically while the
    thread is being viewed. this is a real pita.
    distracting & I've not found a way to disable these
    pop up floating ads.

great forums, thanks for asking for feedback.

• gwannouncements
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi everyone!

You asked and we listened. Today we are very excited to be debuting our newest feature -- post editing! To use this feature, go back to the post you wish to correct and you'll find the link under the 'My Clippings' links on the right side of the page.

I want to give a special shout out to all the testers who tried to break the editing tool. ;) Your feedback was insightful and invaluable. Thank you!

You may have also noticed that we adjusted the login cookie awhile back so that you should not have to login repeatedly.

Stay tuned -- we have more cool things in the works!

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
    Tamara

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler