Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
renna44

roof structure

renna44
13 years ago

I am hoping for some advice or ideas on my upcoming new roofing. I have a few home repair projects & got some great advice over in the Hvac section on ductwork.

I have a couple contractors coming to view and bid & I am trying to educate myself a bit in advance. I've got a decent grip on the parts of a roof & shingle types, etc, but can't seem to figure out this one particular troublesome section of the roof. (I don't even know the technical wording for this part of roof). It's the part starting mid way and extending over the porch. see pic. Obviously some dips near the pipes, but beyond that, the section just seems out of sorts, at least visually. Do I need to just have that section completely torn off and start over? Or can it be built up or something (during the re-roofing process) to improve the look? The scale? Should I be thinking about new pillars and or some type of "something" -trimming? - to help the porch look?

The roof is low pitch, and the house is approx 1700 sq ft inc the attached garage. It's a long, narrow ranch, approx 22 x 75, built in 1960. Thanks in advance for any and all direction! PS...am I in the right forum for this question?

Here is a link that might be useful: Roof Pic

Comment (1)