Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman garage door opener questions

Posted by fairlaniac (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 24, 08 at 11:37

I have a Craftsman opener installed model 139.53975SRT and the sprocket shaft busted. I have an older unit I want to put in place of the broken unit, it's model number is 139.53615SR. Since the wiring terminals are labelled differently cand someone direct me on how to wire the older unit with the wiring that is installed? I have the three button wall unit and the sensor wires to hook up. Is this possible? See pics here (you may need to cut/paste)

http://www.fairlanet.com/images/PA240135.JPG

http://www.fairlanet.com/images/PA240136.JPG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman garage door opener questions

The older opener is wired correctly except the red wire and the white wire connected to terminal 1 should be reversed. Check the wall control. It is printed on the small circuit board where the red and white wires go.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here