Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Installing a kitchen sink - no mounting clips

Posted by jgarzasr (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 14, 10 at 11:34

I am installing a wet bar in my basement - so I picked up a small - pretty nice used sink from habitat for humanity restore. However the mounting clips that were welded on the sides of it - are broke off. Any ideas of another way to pull this sink in tight on the counter to seal the edges? with out having any mounting clips? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Installing a kitchen sink - no mounting clips

I've used silicon adhesive caulk when access to the clips was blocked. Put a bead of caulk around the edge of the counter opening, set the sink and put 10 to 20 pounds of weight in the sink until the caulk has time to cure. Clean up any 'squeeze-out' while it's still wet.

o
RE: Installing a kitchen sink - no mounting clips

Polyurethane adhesive sealant would adhere better especially where water is present but you might not ever be able to remove the sink.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here