Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question about cost of repairs

Posted by mmasini (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 21, 11 at 10:45

I am currently in need of some pricing ideas.
what i have is a 4 bedroom double wide trailer that i am being hired on (hopefully) to repair. Fire damage in kitchen.
I am needing pricing on cost of material per sq. foot. not including labor.
Cost of painting(kilz)per. sq. ft.
cost of hanging drywall (screws, tape, mud) per sq. ft.
cost of anything else per sq foot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question about cost of repairs

too add, (cause im not sure if this is going to work in my favor)
the guy that is paying for this, has told me he does not want to go over $9k in cost, including labor.he wants it to be as cheaply done as possible. im not looking to get rich off this but i am looking for a descent pay.
do you guys thing that painting a double wide the whole inside, sheetrocking 3 rooms, 1 wall needs framing and a roll of container to be rented (about 500 bucks) and finding some used cabinets is doable with $4500?????????

o

I don't think so, not at prices for repair work I have received recently.

o

Wait till you find out how shoddy the construction is.

o

This sounds like "the perfect storm" to me. Someone with a poorly constructed and likely to be condemned abode with a completely unrealistic repair budget meets someone who doesn't know if that budget is realistic or not or even how to price his own labor. Disaster meets disaster.

o

he has gone up to a labor budget of 6500 and a total budet of 11500

o

How old is the unit?

What was its value before the fire?

What will it be worth after the repairs?

Mobile homes (unlike single family homes) rarely appreciate in value (they can sometimes if they are on 'owned' land instead of leased).

you will likely run into all sorts of problems with various codes, since what code applies is often not clear.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here