Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
modern1_gw

Roof Pitch on Pool Cabana

modern1
12 years ago

Hi, I recently had three structural support posts replaced on my pool cabana. The cabana is about 16'x28'and it has a extremely low-pitched roof/flat roof. I've lived in the house for 10 years and never had a leak in the cabana. I now have a leaky roof and the leaking is occurring only on the side of the cabana where the support posts were replaced. I suspect the installation of the new posts somehow changed the pitch of the roof and caused the leaking. How can I prove my case? The contractor claims his recent work has nothing to do with the leaking. Before the posts were replaced I never had pooling water on the roof, now I do. The contractor is pointing to the buckling asphalt and saying it's just an old roof breaking down. I'm saying now that water is pooling on the roof (before it wasn't) of course the rolled asphalt is starting to buckle.

I plan to get 2-3 roofing estimates next week. I'm hoping the roofers can figure out what caused the leaking. Still, is there any way for me to determine the root cause of the leak myself?

Thanks for your help!

Deb

Comment (1)