Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage Door Opener Remotes

Posted by terryra (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 29, 08 at 23:39

I have a Craftsman garage door opener 1/2 HP model 139.19470D. Remotes are 139.18791B and they do not work. Tried new batteries, reprogramming remotes, clearing the memory and reprogramming remotes again. Opener works fine from the wall mounted switch. The light is 'not' flashing on the wall mount switch. When programming the remotes everything appears normal. The lights blink indicating that the code has been accepted. We've had the opener for about 3 years but just recently installed it. Any ideas?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Opener Remotes

Make sure when you are programming the remotes that you release the smart/learn button quickly. If not you will erase what you have just done. What I normally do is hold the button down on the remote and then press and immediately release the smart/learn button. If this isn't the case then I think you have a bad logic board. I tried looking up the model numbers you give to make sure the remotes are correct but Sears doesn't recognize either model number.

o

Thank you for your response. Tried it but no luck. Do you have any idea where I might be able to find a schematic for the logic board. There is only one repair center around here and they aren't returning my calls.
Terry

o

The manufacturer has never furnished schematics or parts lists for the logic board. Years ago it got to be a replacement rather than repair due to labor costs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here