Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weird clog in ABS downspout - help!

Posted by vic_dickins (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 21, 11 at 22:59

One of my downspouts was overflowing last rainy season. Down at ground level the ABS pipe overflowing. I pulled out the
bottom section of downspout and looked down there to see. A mess. I cleaned out the mud and saw a weird metal dome thing. Valve? Flange? Pressure cap?
What is it and what is it doing there? I can upload pics if any is intereted. thanks,
vic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weird clog in ABS downspout - help!

No reason for anything like that to be down there, could it have washed down from the gutter where it was some sort of leaf guard ?

o

I have no idea. It's not familiar at all. Maybe someone has seen this before?

Here is a link that might be useful: 2 flickr pics

o

cant tell what that is from the pictures

o

Can't tell what it is from the photo but one thing is for sure,,,,,it don't belong there.

o

Could it be some kind of pressure testing device that was left down there
when the house was built?

o

It was a can of spray paint that got dropped down there during construction!

o

so. how did you get it out?

o

Funny how a scientist can study a picture of a planet from 200,000 miles away and find all sorts of rocks, stones, water ,martians etc. yet a photo from 4 feet cant see a can of spray paint!!!

o

Perhaps if we had looked in the pipe with one of those NASA satylite cameras we would have known it was spray paint, but then how many of us can afford one of those cameras?

On the other hand, do we really know they are seeing rocks, stones, water & martians or do we just assume that since they have a PHD and a gadzillion dollar camera they must be right?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here