Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone know what this metal piece is?

Posted by ajs_nyc (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 30, 11 at 22:55

I'm looking to make a pot rack similar to the one in the picture below, and I'm hoping someone could tell me what the metal piece circled in white is and what it is normally used for so I can find it at a store. I tried the always helpful folks at HD/Lowe's but no one recognized it. Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Metal piece

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone know what this metal piece is?

They look like a custom made mounting brackets. Pretty much anyone that can cut, drill, weld and paint steel, or aluminum, can make them for you.

o

"They look like a custom made mounting brackets. "

Likely "custom" only to the extant they came with the bar.

o

I made several similar hangers for a friends garage---flat iron stock cut and welded to make the mounts, holes drilled for the 3/4" rebar cross piece, and 1/4"(or 3/16") cold rolled round stock bent as hooks.

Then painted.

Take that picture to any welding shop and they can make theose up is a half hour or less.

o

You might try the black iron gate hardware. It looks like maybe a latch that has been repurposed to hold the rebar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here