Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home Warranty

Posted by MellowD (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 21:47

I am newly single and in the market for a home warranty policy again. I have used American Home Sheild in the past but I'm wondering are there any others that might be better? I really need plumbing fixed with in a few months.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Home Shield

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home Warranty

I am very dubious of home warranties. In my experience, the services covered were limited and a fee would be charged to evaluate any issue that may or may not be under the warranty's scope (around $100 if I remember correctly). Additionally, there have been over 3000 better business bureau complaints filed for American Home Shield in the past 3 years...

Does anyone find these warranties worthwhile?

o

I really need plumbing fixed with in a few months.
What do you think will need fixed in a few months? Leaky toilet that has ruined the flooring?
Hot water heater going out?
Drippy faucet?
Something that is leaking now?

Improper maintenance, even by the previous owners, would not be covered by a home warranty. 'Some' things you might be better off fixing yourself, or finding a friend or handyman to help you.

I certainly wouldn't go with American Home Shield.

I am newly single and in the market for a home warranty policy again.
Is this a house you have just purchased or have you been it for a while? I'd suggest you check with neighbor's and/or friends for recommendations on repair people, professional or otherwise.

o

It is NOT a 'warranty' it IS a service contract.

And if the failure is on old stuff they always weasel out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here