Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Enclosed bypass sliding door

Posted by Yod12 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 7, 13 at 21:14

I have an enclosed sliding door that gets more jammed every time I or my son tries to work on it. The front roller seems to be on the track, but no matter how we try to get the back one on - if it's even there, it gets more and more stuck. How can I deal with this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Enclosed bypass sliding door

The generic term used to identify your "enclosed sliding door" is pocket door, and when you use commonly understood terminology, you tend to receive more responses.

The door travels on a "U" which can be seen looking at the slot in the header.
Remove the stop on the solid side of the track, pull the door to the closed and you'll find that it is loose in the opening. push or pull it through to about a 20 degree angle and lift it off the track.
Should you have difficulty removing it, you may have to remove the top stop.

o
RE: Enclosed bypass sliding door

snoonyb is right...usually the only way to deal with a problem pocket door is to remove the stops so you can remove the door and see what is going on. A few installers screw these stops on to make access easier later, but usually they are nailed in place. As for your problem, sometimes one or more screws that hold the top track come loose if the installation wasn't done properly. In that case, usually the only solution is to open the wall near the top so you can fix or replace the track.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here