Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garage door opener sensors, 1 yellow, 1 green???

Posted by rockrisley (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 6, 07 at 20:27

My garage door opener will not go up or down. Noticed one door sensor light is yellow and the other green. Could this be part of the problem? If so, how do I correct it? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garage door opener sensors, 1 yellow, 1 green???

does it even try to move at all?

o

The door sensors will never keep the door from opening. Give us more information.

o

When you press either the wall switch or the remote control you simply get a buzzing noise. It really does not attempt to move at all. The unit itself has a red light flashing on it. I tried just pushing on the corresponding red button but it did not help. Any ideas???

o

if it just buzzes and does not even attempt to move, then either the motor or the gear could have gone out.

how many flashes, and what is the manufacturer and model number for the opener?

o

Did the opener quit with the door in the open position?

o

My opener will click two times when using either the wall panel or the remote. I looked at the sensors and one has a green light and the other is yellow. Any suggestions?

o

My garage door stops part of the way when closing...any ideas...I can close it if I continue to try and use the remote to put it down.

o
my key pad light is blinking and my remotes don't work any ideas?

my key pad light is blinking and the remotes don't work any more any ideas?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here