Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flashing green LED light on garage door opener

Posted by cyosh (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 14, 06 at 17:42

The green LED light on my Craftsman garage door opener (I don't know the model number off hand, but I've had it for several years, the wall unit only has the button to open/close, a lock button and a light button and the remote has 3 rectangular button-2 about an inch long and 1 two inches long with a green transmitter light) is flashing rapidly. I tried pressing the green button quickly and holding it down for several seconds (more than 10) but it won't stop flashing.

The other day I found an old remote and I pressed it (that was stupid!) That caused my "new" remote to stop functioning. I re-programmed while the green light on the opener was still flashing and my remote was able to work. The problem was that my door was opening and closing from all of my neighbors remotes! What can I do? I can't find the manual.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flashing green LED light on garage door opener

If that LED is flashing rapidly it means the opener is receiving a signal. Take every remote you have and remove the batteries. Make sure you don't have an old one stored somewhere that could have something pressing against the button. If you have added anything new to the garage or house that plugs into the wall, unplug it and check the opener. I would do each of these things one at a time and check the opener.

What was the original symptom you had other than the light flashing?

o

Thanks, Don. It must have been one of those old remotes that was stored in a drawer in the garage. I removed the batteries and tossed them and that did the trick. I was then able to re-program the remotes and my Home Link.

This forum is great.

o
Flashing green LED light on garage door opener

When I press the code into the wall mount outside the garage, it starts to blink and the garage door will not open. when I press the wall mount inside the garage it works just fine. can you please advise

o

wall switch of garage door opener will not stop flickering.
It opens and closes door fine.I replaced switch,but it did
not solved the problem.

o

This morning, my wall-mounted Chamberlain garage door opener button, which is usually a steady green, was flickering green nonstop. None of the remotes worked.

I discovered that the problem was that somebody had inadvertently hit the "lock" button (to the above/left of the main button). The solution was to hold the lock button down a few seconds, and the green LED switched from blinking to steady green. All of the remotes then worked as before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here