Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman's garage door lock light flashing

Posted by yellowtina (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 27, 09 at 15:52

My Craftsman garage door opener keypad quit working, I replaced the battery and then the keypad and it will not work because everytime I use it or the remote in the car ,the lock light on the premium remote on the wall starts flashing.
The premium remote will allow me to open and close the door, however I cannot reprogram the remote to use either them or the keypad?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman's garage door lock light flashing

Whenever you run into a problem like this you need to start undoing what you have done. I would remove the battery from the keypad and then try programming the remote. I would also eliminate any possibility of a bad wall control by removing the wire on terminal #1 on the motor unit.

o

Don
Thank You! I will try that. seems as if everything goes at once. I am replacing my sump pump this evening.
I appreciate your expertise on this, it has been very frustrating and parking outside is less than fun in this rainy weather!

o

did not work!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here