Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sink Leak damage

Posted by mamasalvo (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 22, 08 at 15:34

You folks helped me a few yrs ago when my kid's bath shower was leaking and need your help again. We have a musty smell in the same bathroom. I was afraid we would have to open the walls again but discovered the sink water shut off valves were corroded and dripping onto the vanity floor where teenager's stuff was hiding the leakage. Cleaned up everything and applied damp rid Mold preventor and cleaner and have been running a de- humidifier for two days but the smell seems to be getting stronger. The floor of the vanity is painted so DH does not believe it has penetrated. I'm not so sure, and he hid all the drills so I can't drill holes in the cabinet to check. It's a custom size vanity so I want to save it if I can but I will dump it to get rid of the smell. It might cost more to replace just the floor of the cabinet then to have a new one built. DH wants to wait it out and I am obsessing over the smell.
Thanx for any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sink Leak damage

Which is easier, removing the complete vanity, or the bottom shelf of the cabinet to inspect the floor?

Your choice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here