Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maraj64

RE: Defective CertainTeed roof shingles/shangles

maraj64
12 years ago

Seen the other thread & many posts regarding the bad CertainTeed shingles, but limit was reached on # of replies so it said to start a new thread. Here goes....

I bought my house 3 yrs. ago. The shingles were beginning to curl at that time. Since then, it's gotten much worse so I'm currently in the stage of replacing them. Found out just last week the shingles are only 12 yrs. old. When I called for dumpster estimates, I mentioned the bad shingles not being very old. The lady told me of the CertainTeed brand being bad. Longer story short, I'm now hoping to get all the paperwork, pictures & shingle sent to CertainTeed by the Oct. 2, 2011 claim deadline, & hoping to get some reimbursement to help w/the cost of replacing them.

I've no idea if the current shingles are "organic" or not. Doesn't matter cuz crap is crap, & the current shingles on my roof are obviously crap! And I will definitely NOT be using CertainTeed shingles this time around, which shouldn't be too much of a problem since the building supply shops around here don't seem to be carrying the CT brand anymore.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths