Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
damian_1999

Cleaning stone accent bricks on house

Damian_1999
10 years ago

My house has stone accent bricks on the sides of my door and windows. I am not sure of the type of stone it is.

The stones vary in color from a pink, brown, orange, and tan.Most of them along the tops of each block have a blackness to them.

I recently tried to pressure wash the stone to see if the black would come off. Going over each stone lightly, small spots of all coloring would get removed from the stone. Leaving a very bright tan color.

I sprayed on one block with more detail and that block is now about 90% completely bright tan.

My concern is that these stones might of had some "man-made" outer shell finish and pressure washing just removed all the coloring of the stones forever.

The house is 60 years old and I don't believe the outside brick work was ever cleaned before.

I do not want to go forward and continue cleaning them until I am sure what type of stone it is and if the pressure washing results will have a permanent effect to the block coloring.

I wasn't sure how to upload more than one pic, so I will also post some replies with close up photos of some of the stone blocks after pressure washing

Comments (6)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County