Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hail repair..good deal or scam?

Posted by weedyacres (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 29, 11 at 11:59

Posting on behalf of my sister, who got hit by Irene:

I just met with a storm chaser, who thinks he can get my siding, roof, and gutters replaced by insurance claim. I'm still checking the company out, but they seem to be legit.

I really can't see any cons. I would be trading my aluminum siding for vinyl. They use Liberty Elite Mastic siding. They use GAF ELK Timberline shingles (30 year architectural shingles, 20 year labor warranty, 50 year materials warranty). They have BBB A+ rating. It is MidAtlantic construction.

They even cover your deductible by "paying" you for advertising by sticking a sign in your front lawn. :-)

Thoughts? Experiences? Roof and gutters were old before the storm.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hail repair..good deal or scam?

Hmmm....not so sure I would fall for a storm chaser. Sounds like a fly-by-nighter.

Best would be for your sister to choose a repair place locally that has been in business several years and has a good reputation.

They say anything that sounds too good to be true usually does not end that way.

Don't forget, storm chasers prey on women.

o
RE: Hail repair..good deal or scam?

No way would I use a storm chaser!

They specialize in smooth sales pitches and presentations.

Their second specialty is absconding with down payments or worse---full pre-payments.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here