Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shower Door Repair

Posted by spinart (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 9, 08 at 10:48

My shower door fell off! It is a corner shower where the door swings out from the two side panels. It has a metal frame. The door was held in place by a top and bottom small L-shaped piece that is screwed into a a long hinge (like a piano hinge?). The top L-piece is gone (looks like the screw was stripped) and I can't seem to find a replacement. Neither the local hardware store or Home Depot carries such a piece. A local glass place that sells and installs shower doors indicated that I would have a difficult time finding such a piece. I really don't want to have to replace the whole glass shower at this time! Any suggestions on where to find my missing piece (and yes I looked all over the bathroom for it!). I've searched some internet sites, but can't seem to find the right thing. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shower Door Repair

Can you find out who the mfgr is (either from HD or tiny writing somewhere on the frame? Then you could call them and ask for the piece.

o
RE: Shower Door Repair

I didn't see anything on the frame, but the glass had a logo that read TomPlus Floral Glass & Mirror. I googled both names and could not find anything under Tom Plus. Found something under Floral glass & Mirror. But all I could tell is that it was probably a business selling shower installations but looks like they may now be out of business. HOWEVER, I tried one last place - local glass & mirror place. They hunted and found a piece very similar to what I need. My brother-in-law is coming over tomorrow to try and fix it and I am keeping my fingers crossed we can do it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here