Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathypass_gw

Crack in bathroom sink

kathypass
17 years ago

I usually hang out in the decorating forum but I have a problem that is more of a repair issue.

We had a counter top with double sinks made for our master bathroom from a place called The Tub Factory. They have recently closed their doors. It is probably epoxy based and was made in a mold. One of the sinks has developed a crack in the middle (about 2 inches long and millimeters wide). Before it gets any worse, is there any product that we can use ourselves to repair this crack?

The background of the sink is white and has some grey, blue and green in it (matches our tile).

TIA!

Kathy

Comments (8)

• jakkom
    17 years ago

Sounds like a cultured marble type product? Call your local shops and see if anyone can do a repair. This isn't a DIY project, unfortunately.

• kathypass
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm not really sure of the product type, although we still have the sample so maybe I can bring it to someone and they will know.

Thanks for your reply!

• ericwi
    17 years ago

We have an older cast concrete sink in the basement, and the plumber cracked it while repairing a drain. I was able to fill the crack with epoxy, and the repair has held up for several years. However, this is a functional repair, not a cosmetic repair. The crack, and the epoxy, are highly visible when the light is on in that corner of the basement.

• vicki_vale
    17 years ago

Kathy

I hope you found a fix for your sink.

I am also having problems with a current installation by the Tub Factory, on Long Island. Which branch is closing/ just closed?

• kathypass
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for your post vicki. I had also posted over in the bathroom forum and got a product suggestion, but when I told my DH, he is figuring we will have to have a professional come in and take care of it, as someone said above. If I knew the type of person/business to call, I'd just get it going myself; but I'm waiting on DH!

The place we went to was on Sunrise Highway, I think it was Bohemia.

Good luck with your problem.

• mariah2009
    14 years ago

I found a company with a new product that is an sink insert. It is custom made to fit inside your sink. Kind of like the bathtub liners except for sinks. Website is www.kwikbowl.com

• NNREPAIR
    11 years ago

You can use repair kits from NNREPAIR. This is very fast and easy. You can choose the color to match the color of your sink. You reply some repair material to the damaged area, then cure with light and polish. All necessary materials can be found in the kit. Repair is very easy and high quality. You will be happy with the result.

• stash-hdy
    11 years ago

NNREPAIR ADDRESS : PROF ALI NIHAT TARLAN CAD. NO : 56/3 BOSTANCI KADIKOY 34744 ISTANBUL / TURKEY