Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
basement water seepage

Posted by kim286 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 3, 08 at 5:53

Where my asphalt driveway and stone foundation meet, there are spots in which there is a gap so they do not touch each other and water is getting into the basement. I can see areas where the previous owner spread cement. What is the best material to use along the foundation? We are going to do some repair work on the driveway (patch holes, reseal, etc) Should I look for some type of "liquid asphalt" to spread into these gaps?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
finding contractors

We've finally gotten an offer accepted in SD. So now that we're in the process of getting the home, when we settle, we're going to want to make it our own.
We are completely new to San Diego. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can find out about good painters and other residential remodel contractors?

o
RE: basement water seepage

kim286-- Use a silicone or similar product between the concrete and ashphalt, they move at different rates and you want something flexible. Next time you are at a mall or large retailer look at the walls and walks outside and notice all the expansion joints that they use, you want to imitate that.

Jecky--- How does your answer relate?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here