Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another driveway question

Posted by jane__ny (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 3, 08 at 1:46

150ft ski slope driveway. Very steep and little room to get going in snow. We have to shovel with just a few snow flakes. It needs redoing and I've seen driveways with brick type stone placed in the blacktop in stripes in various places.

Does anyone know what that does? Is it for better traction?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Photobucket

Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another driveway question

I recommend a lighter vehicle with all wheel drive like an Audi Quattro with studdless ice & snow tires.

o

Thanks, we have 3, old 4WD Explorers which do make it up - its everyone else who has problems. Just imagine when you start sliding down, we make sure we open the garage door first.

Jane

o

If I was in the market to replace the driveway, I'd take a look at the possibility of some sort of heating. I know it would be expensive, but it would certainly take care of the problem. I expect it would require some sort of drainage at the lower end so the water would not flow into your garage and then freeze.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here