Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jas0023

Brand New House- Tile Grout Cracks?

jas0023
10 years ago

Hi everyone!

We bought our house about six months ago. It was new when purchased. I am a bit of a worrier (that might be an understatement) and I regularly look around the house for indication that my foundation is defective. Everyone tells me this is ridiculous because the house is so new, but whatever. I do it anyways. This was such a huge investment for me and I want to protect it. Anyways, no real indication that anything is wrong really. We are not in drought and our summer has been pretty mild. I am on a slab foundation.

The other day I noticed a crack in the tile of our guest bathroom. It runs from my sink to my tub, only in the grout in a stairstep pattern. It is a very narrow crack. I think it would be considered hairline. I use that bathroom pretty regularly but I admit I haven't really looked at the ground in there since we moved in. It's not on the side of the house, more of the middle really. I have read that if the tile is cracked within a certain amount of days that the issue is in installation. My house is under warranty. I have not seen any cracks in any of the other tiled floors in the house.

Like I said, I am a worrier. Big time worrier. Could the cause of this hairline crack validate what everyone says is an irrational fear of a foundation crack?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County