Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Repair of drywall

Posted by ejpip (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 08 at 20:57

I tore down some wallpaper which resulted in damaged drywall (tore off some of the paper). I used compound to cover the areas, fill holes, etc. and when I was done noted bubbling of the drywall in the areas that the drywall paper had come off. I know now I should have primed these areas first but didn't know at the time. My question is how do I fix now? I used fine sandpaper and removed the compound from the bubbling areas so I can prime but since I want to prime the entire wall do I need to sand the entire wall first to smooth out before priming? After I prime can I still do drywall repairs? Would I then need to reprime? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Repair of drywall

Yeah, you can put compound over the primer. And also over painted surfaces. But you need to reprime again.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here